On to Evermore

The story of Ariana and the Sculptor

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:13 am

Octavian wrote:Can we form a petition for it to get its own forum subcategory?

:D
Cmon sam- it would probably be useful to move the posts of each album to their own thing

i know it would take a bit of work- BUT if you grant me 'temporary' moderator status, I have experience with phpbb, and will help you organize and move them =)
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:52 am

We don't really have any posts here about perelandra, JotD or L&R. They've come up in passing from other topics, but not as a whole topic themselves. Want me to just make a blank forum for them so then people will feel sorry for them and start talking?
Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:05 pm

thanks Sam! =)

Oh my- I am REALLY loving On To Evermore right now!

Got it playing repeat in my CD player at work
love the guitar at 7:45 into Junkyard Angel

that whole outtro chord progression is almost as good as the outtro for Further up and further in :D
Brian Nielsen

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:19 pm

I picked this up at the show Saturday mostly to have something for the band to sign, and I now have everything except Live and revived and Middle Earth. I just didn't expect it to be this good! I love this CD!!!After 3 or 4 listens I feel like this will be my solid fourth favorite behind IS,LR,and SL. Much more of a balanced or dare I say commercial sound at times-but still GH all the way! Who is doing the more shreddy guitar parts-is that David Carter? Not too familiar with him! And how wonderful it is too listen to "Mayor of Longview" going down Lee Highway and looking over ar Longview street-evermore land!Cool,very cool. I llok forward to getting into it more and more. The vocals are great too!, But as much as I love Fred's keyboard prowess, I love the guitars on this album!!!And what are those cat and dog noises about on MOL?

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:42 pm

The more I've been listening to this album recently the more I've rediscovered its timlessness. Maybe it's just because I've been listening to it for 7 years or so and it's very dear and familiar, but I've decided that I definitely like it better than Shadowlands, and it's definitely in the top three. Perhaps even *gasp* top two, but it gets harder to decide as you approach the top. This is just such a classic. I love Ariana so much, and This Fading Age, and Only Red, and come to think of it, On To Evermore, and... and.... The whole thing. A GH collection is not complete without this guy. I just love it.

I love how I can continually rediscover how amazing GH is. You know they're good, but you just forget how delicious the albums are until you're listening to them. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly

bb
Amateur
Amateur

Post by bb » Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:25 pm

I've always liked On to Evermore. I've listened to Fred whinge about how he would do X differently now, and grouch how they rushed Y through production and mis-mixed Z, blah blah, and I can't find it in me to care that much. Sure, I hear some rough edges, but I've always felt that the material in OtE was Really Good Stuff.

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:57 pm

bb wrote:I've always liked On to Evermore. I've listened to Fred whinge about how he would do X differently now, and grouch how they rushed Y through production and mis-mixed Z, blah blah, and I can't find it in me to care that much. Sure, I hear some rough edges, but I've always felt that the material in OtE was Really Good Stuff.
Agreed, I have a very real appreciation for the bands talent once I got their whole album.
Brian Nielsen