Show Content.

GH's show from October 2006

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

Elric
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Elric » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:45 pm

What kind of Publicity or announcement will be made about this show? I would love to see a full house there, and would help anyway I can in getting a crowd there. I will be bringing family and new fans there myself.
Brent

Be kind to my mistakes, because I am not.....Kate Bush

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:45 pm

Elric wrote:What kind of Publicity or announcement will be made about this show? I would love to see a full house there, and would help anyway I can in getting a crowd there. I will be bringing family and new fans there myself.
I'll know more about that in the coming days. I'll keep you all posted though :)
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Belithraldor
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Belithraldor » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:01 pm

Anything from "The Final Catastrophy"....

Well, I thought I'd try.... 8)
Butch Snyder - aka, Belithraldor
www.butchsnyder.com
www.myspace.com/butchsnyder

Moog Taurus
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Moog Taurus » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:43 am

When compiling set lists are you governed ultimately by time or do you have a pre determined structure based on other factors.
I have noticed that the live DVDs are getting longer :D so can I hope for an even longer DVD the next time round.
Whatever is decided regarding the set list I know it will deliver of that I am certain.
How about a Glass Hammer rendition of Wot Gorilla (Wind And Wuthering ) ?

Dave :roll:

Elric
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Elric » Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:14 pm

With all that you are doing, does this mean you are not going to be able to cover "In-a-gadda-da-vida"? :wink:
Brent

Be kind to my mistakes, because I am not.....Kate Bush

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:01 pm

Moog Taurus wrote:When compiling set lists are you governed ultimately by time or do you have a pre determined structure based on other factors.
I have noticed that the live DVDs are getting longer :D so can I hope for an even longer DVD the next time round.
Whatever is decided regarding the set list I know it will deliver of that I am certain.
How about a Glass Hammer rendition of Wot Gorilla (Wind And Wuthering ) ?

Dave :roll:
We choose songs based on many factors. The whiz-bang factor being of prime importance. :lol:
Beyond that though, we try to do songs that include or showcase the entire ensemble within the time frame we feel comfortable with. And we tend to stick with and prefer the newer material, and those songs we feel we can do justice to. We don't like to do repeats, though we know you like many of the songs and so do we. Also, the last portion of the show features the choir doing our big choral peices, so that really only leaves the first two-thirds of the show to select songs for.
We're working on that list even now - today actually!
Steve
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Shadoshi
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Shadoshi » Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:41 pm

I'd love to hear you guys play Mog Ruith somewhere in the line-up if at all possible, I wanna see how Matt does that crazy snare roll at the last 30 seconds or so, plus it is an awesome track for a transistion to a another track. Plus, its just a awesome song. Plus....... Plus. MOG RUITH! :D :lol:

slig

Post by slig » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:28 pm

I would love to hear A Perfect Carousel

love the vocals
GLASS HAMMER ROCKS!!!!!

Shadoshi
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Shadoshi » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:33 am

slig wrote:I would love to hear A Perfect Carousel

love the vocals

If only Brad Marler was still around......... :roll:

Prog Music's Frank
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Prog Music's Frank » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:59 am

Yep. He went off to be a chemist somewhere. Actually, if he wanted to come up and do the song I'd be all for it- I do do a Wakeman tea and crumpets thing while he did it. Last I heard Brad moved to GA- he may be working for Shaw (anyone from north GA knows what that is!!)
[img]http://static.flickr.com/1/652239_be4b7aa3e3_m.jpg[/img]

Shadoshi
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Shadoshi » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:07 pm

Prog Music's Frank wrote:Yep. He went off to be a chemist somewhere. Actually, if he wanted to come up and do the song I'd be all for it- I do do a Wakeman tea and crumpets thing while he did it. Last I heard Brad moved to GA- he may be working for Shaw (anyone from north GA knows what that is!!)
Sad. I live in North GA and don't know what that is. :shock:

BUT, in any case, you guys should really call him up and find out if he could preform a little bit, maybe 1 song at least (Can we say: A PERFECT CAROUSEL). That would be awesome for the dvd and we'd all get to finally hear him again. :D

Prog Music's Frank
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Prog Music's Frank » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:55 pm

Oops, sorry, not everybody I guess!! Shaw Industries, the carpet manufacturer.
[img]http://static.flickr.com/1/652239_be4b7aa3e3_m.jpg[/img]

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:04 pm

Hmm, Fred/Steve- I think that would be great if it all could work out.

The emotion in A Perfect Carusel and an Eldritch Wind is nothing short of incredible
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

johnc
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by johnc » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:49 pm

Prog Music's Frank wrote:Oops, sorry, not everybody I guess!! Shaw Industries, the carpet manufacturer.
Wonder if he lives somewhere 'round Dalton, GA, then. Carpet capital of the world, that.
Quikrete - the biggest name in concrete since Jimmy Hoffa.

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:23 am

Any chance of seeing Walter back? Or is Carl already slated for the show? I'm sure that will have alot to do with the setlist also.
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].