Show Content.

GH's show from October 2006

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:35 am

yeshead 777 wrote:Any chance of seeing Walter back? Or is Carl already slated for the show? I'm sure that will have alot to do with the setlist also.
Carl is excited and ready to start with us. That's the plan.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:36 pm

Carl is excited and ready to start with us. That's the plan.[/quote]

That's cool! any chance of him bringing SH for another opening set for the night show?
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:25 pm

Ok-here's a crazy idea. If the GFTO cover idea has been tossed. How 'bout "Turn of the Century" W/Susie singing lead/maybe duet w/Carl. Eric on acc. guitar at the beginning, David doing some great Howish electric lead, Fred doing the sublime piano parts, and Eric doing the final guitar part on slide. i got this idea after watching the 35th Anniversary video tonight and seeing the YESMEN go from the wickedly intense SSOTS to the brilliantly sublime TOTC! At least I didn't ask for SSOTS! But you guys could pull that off too!
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:26 pm

Oh i almost forgot!!!! Matt on the shaker, and maybe even Bethany on the rainstick or whatever its called!

Prog Music's Frank
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Prog Music's Frank » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:14 am

SSotS would be easy (at least, musically). TotC would take as much time to learn and rehearse as the whole rest of the set :P If someone could sing it I'd be for doing SSotS for sure (I've known the piano solo for years...)
[img]http://static.flickr.com/1/652239_be4b7aa3e3_m.jpg[/img]

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:50 am

if someone could sing it I'd be for doing SSotS for sure (I've known the piano solo for years...)
How cool would that be-I can see you and David going back and forth on the extended solos just like Steve and Rick! I think Carl could do the vocals!!!! How 'bout it Steve?

spaceman

Post by spaceman » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:37 pm

I'm disappointed to hear that Walter won't be there. I really, Really like his vocals, and guitar work for that matter. Some of the best vocals that I've heard. Carl did a fine job and held his own, but Walter is incredible! I just feel from a musical standpoint that Walter fits the band like a glove! It would be a great day to see him perform with you guys again. As for playing any 'cover' tunes on the set, I for one don't care a thing about seeing any Yes tunes or any other prog band songs. I love Glass Hammer's music. It gives me an excitement that I haven't felt since the glory days of Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Yes, Rare Bird and Genesis. Seeing how we only get to see you guys once a year, I'd prefer to see and hear ALL Glass Hammer songs.................... .......OK, maybe Longer since you guys did such a great job remaking that one!!!! And it Was on Shadowlands! I'm looking forward to enjoying any songs that you guys decide to play. Simply put, Glass Hammer is excellent!

SpaceMan

Prog Music's Frank
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Prog Music's Frank » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:57 pm

Hehe- we appreciate that. We talked about doing South Side today and I think it's a go. I get a kick out of playing covers now and then- you're right, you don't want to over do it but it's fun and we're not dropping any of our own songs to do it so think of it as a bonus. We should pull Alaska out again... how about that??

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:17 pm

Prog Music's Frank wrote:Hehe- we appreciate that. We talked about doing South Side today and I think it's a go. I get a kick out of playing covers now and then- you're right, you don't want to over do it but it's fun and we're not dropping any of our own songs to do it so think of it as a bonus. We should pull Alaska out again... how about that??
Is that UK's "Alaska"?-that would be incredible!!!! I agree that GH original music is enough for me too-but when a band is SO influenced by others in heart and style it's great fun to see their take on these classic band's and let their true talent shine! Elric is gonna freak if you do SSOTS!!!!!

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:19 pm

Didn't realize I wasn't logged in-duh? And when did ya'll do "Alsaka"?

Prog Music's Frank
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Prog Music's Frank » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:28 pm

We did it at Progscape in Baltimore for sure in '95... it sounded really good!! There was a rehersal tape of it somewhere (probably the Live And Revived" tapes) but I don't know where they are now *lol*

As a matter of fact, there is video of us doing it somewhere from Progscape. I'll try and find it. I think it segued into Lliusion.

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:45 am

If you somehow worked a medley with SSOTS, ALaska, and a GG tune-I'd pass away into PROG HEAVEN right there at the Tivoli(figuratively that is). Or maybe you could work bits and pieces in like Kansas did this last tour with some of their songs they hadn't played in years.However you do it-you'll pull it off!!!!

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:54 am

Any thoughts yet on how much of the new CD's material you'll be able to play at the show? Is this being kept in mind when you record? Just curious.

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:02 am

Ah - but we can't give away the whole set list. As of now - what do you KNOW for certain that we're playing? Make a list :)
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:24 pm

The Bass
The Piano
The Nord Synths
The Drums
The Lap Steel Guitar

Hookey? :P
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03