Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:11 pm

Bnielsen wrote:The Bass
The Piano
The Nord Synths
The Drums
The Lap Steel Guitar

Hookey? :P
No-good one, but you forgot David's Parker Fly,etc.

Anyway, I can guess so far:

Long and long Ago
Run, Lissette
New song
New song
South Side of the Sky
Arianna(or another OTE song) *
Time Marches on *

Intermission

Alaska
New song
In the court of Alkinoos
When we were young(w/choir)
Heaven(w/choir) *
Chronos Deliver/Overture(w/choir) *
Heroes and Dragons

*hopeful, but not confident. KOTN could replace ITCOTA

Hey-here's an idea, how bout a contest, and the winner gets a free autographed copy of the new CD? What ya think?
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:47 pm

I posted about you guys possibly doing SSOTS and/or Alsaka at the Tivoli show on PE-so now you're stuck! Elric's already heard you do the SSOTS keyboard part Fred-so its the rest of the band's fault if you don't pull it off(lol). And you and Shreddy doing Jobson's and Holdsworth's riffs on "Alaska" might make me spontaneously combust right there in downtown Chattanooga. Hey-I got an idea, if you can't bring yourselves to do those in the actual show-at least do them in rehearsal and film it for the extras of the DVD(you know you gotta film it!!!).
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:48 pm

MayorOfLongview wrote:Ah - but we can't give away the whole set list. As of now - what do you KNOW for certain that we're playing? Make a list :)
C'mon I posted my list-is everyone else chicken? Where are you Elric?

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:49 am

Really, the only song on my wishlist is Alkinoos. Anything else would be lovely. Except Somewhere Out There. I don't like that song. Ooh! No, just kiding - Alkinoos and Hearts. I love Hearts. I'll leave it at those two. Probably neither of which will be played, but hey- I can hope.
[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

[url]http://www.ghfan.net[/url]

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:57 am

Any more last minute bones you can throw us Fred or Steve? We still can taste SSOTS in our mouths-should we keep it there?

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:50 am

yeshead 777 wrote:Any more last minute bones you can throw us Fred or Steve? We still can taste SSOTS in our mouths-should we keep it there?

There'll be no bones, no further bones that is.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

lazarama

Carl's warbling

Post by lazarama » Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:24 pm

spaceman wrote:I'm disappointed to hear that Walter won't be there. I really, Really like his vocals, and guitar work for that matter. Some of the best vocals that I've heard. Carl did a fine job and held his own, but Walter is incredible! I just feel from a musical standpoint that Walter fits the band like a glove! SpaceMan
I'll do the best I can...

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Re: Carl's warbling

Post by MayorOfLongview » Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:10 pm

lazarama wrote:
spaceman wrote:I'm disappointed to hear that Walter won't be there. I really, Really like his vocals, and guitar work for that matter. Some of the best vocals that I've heard. Carl did a fine job and held his own, but Walter is incredible! I just feel from a musical standpoint that Walter fits the band like a glove! SpaceMan
I'll do the best I can...
Could this be Carl Groves - prog Icon and upcoming legend? See folks, you gotta watch what you say around here!
:lol:
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:02 pm

w00t! hey Carl!! Drop by the forums more often. Still dig MMM!
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

butch from chicago

beomg at both shows

Post by butch from chicago » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:45 pm

hi

i'll be a'coming tp chattanooga and will attend both shows....as i would assume many other people from both near and far plan

i was just wondering if the shows would be identical..or if possibly one or two numbers might be different

nevertheless.....i'm sure both shows will be fantastic

btw...is it worth going to see the "choo choo" between shows?

butch

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Re: beomg at both shows

Post by MayorOfLongview » Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:40 am

butch from chicago wrote:hi

i'll be a'coming tp chattanooga and will attend both shows....as i would assume many other people from both near and far plan

i was just wondering if the shows would be identical..or if possibly one or two numbers might be different

nevertheless.....i'm sure both shows will be fantastic

btw...is it worth going to see the "choo choo" between shows?

butch

The Choo Choo is just a restaraunt now - though I remember catching the train there in days of yore. You'll be closer to the Tn. Aquarium and the Imax. I'd do the Aquarium. Its not walking distance, but just about 2 miles down the street.
The shows will probably be the same - except we'll change shirts between sets. :oops:

Prog Music's Frank
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Prog Music's Frank » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:53 am

MayorOfLongview wrote: except we'll change shirts between sets. :oops:
Not if we're filming it...
[img]http://static.flickr.com/1/652239_be4b7aa3e3_m.jpg[/img]

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:45 pm

Prog Music's Frank wrote:
MayorOfLongview wrote: except we'll change shirts between sets. :oops:
Not if we're filming it...
Downside is I don't think we'll have a crew that can film both shows. We'll see.

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:02 pm

The Choo Choo is just a restaraunt now - though I remember catching the train there in days of yore. You'll be closer to the Tn. Aquarium and the Imax. I'd do the Aquarium. Its not walking distance, but just about 2 miles down the street.
The shows will probably be the same - except we'll change shirts between sets. :oops:[/quote]

And PLEEEEASE, plenty of towels for Fred! One song change, maybe an extra little surprise for the night show would be nice!

Elric
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Elric » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:50 pm

The aquarium is great and if you get hungry, there are tons of restaurants near the Tivoli.

I personally like Sticky Fingers Barbeque, but there are lots to choose from all sandwiched in there......

Sandwiched, lol I made a funny.
Brent

Be kind to my mistakes, because I am not.....Kate Bush