PE Post is up

GH's show from October 2006

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

Moog Taurus
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Moog Taurus » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:08 pm

I got into Glass Hammer when Chronometree came out and I honestly believe that every album since is better than the one that preceded it . 8)
Keep going guys I for one never trust critics / reviewers my trust lies wholely with my ears :D

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:22 pm

Guys, your work is a labour of love- nearly everyone that hears your work realizes it quickly.

Every album that comes out HAS topped the last, without a doubt in my mind.

So thats your music. Fine, great, special! =p

Then there are you. You'se guys? Umm.. you know, the band.

The character of the people... the caliber of their hearts is what amazes me. You remail accessable, honest, and truly care about the way your music touches other peoples lives.

Never forget this: Your music changes peoples lives.
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

Shadoshi
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Shadoshi » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:32 pm

MayorOfLongview wrote:Many complained that our vocals were to 'accesable'. We got Brad Marler for Chronometree and have never heard the end of it. :?

Let the girls sing more because the guys all suck (some said). So we did. They hated that. :x

Quit doing crap about hobbits and elves (many shrieked). Best selling and fastest selling albums - Journey and Middle-earth. :P

Not enough guitar some said - so we add Shreddy. Guess what? :roll:

We stopped caring a long time ago.
MayorOfLongview wrote: We stopped caring a long time ago.
Exactly why GH rocks.

And for your info Mr. Everyone hates what we do:

I love your vocals and Brad's.

I love the Girl's singing jobs.

I love the hobbit "crap"

I love the amount of Guitar.

I'm gonna love Shreddy.

I love Matt (obviously). :lol:

I also love each direction your albums take (especially TIS')

So that is proof that AT LEAST 1 FAN has approved of everything you guys have done. Basically why you guys remain my favorite band: Because you all have never disapointed me before. And I don't see how you guys will.

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:25 pm

We stopped caring a long time ago.

Just never stop caring about the music YOU love to recored and perform, and about your "TRUE BLUE" fans-and you'll be allright!
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:40 pm

I can promise you the most phenominal album of GH you've ever heard is coming next (and some will complain about this statement, but if we didn't think we got better every time - we'd quit pretty quickly).

The material is solid, and the guitar work will be like nothing you've heard from GH before. The drums sound awesome (thanks not only to Matt, but to Fred's tireless efforts and mixing them). Regardless, this could be the album of the century and about 15% of PE will take a big ole poop all over it for one reason or another.

Some do so because they honestly just don't like GH. The rest do so for another reason all-together. I'll not elaborte, but it should be pretty obvious when you get to know who they are.

I've finally gotten to the point where I don't try to analyze some of PE's posters' motives. and I'm trying to get to thepoint where I don't take it so seriously. I have no doubt believing that this will be GH"s best CD to date!!!Shreddy has changed the sound of the band in more ways than one-all good! I personally hope to hear the girls vocals used a little more prominently, and Matt getting a little more"out front" time. I t will be interesting, different, and great-no doubt!! I agree 100%-if you don't like you can approve,and/or do something different as a musician-why go on? i think that's why we haven't seen anything new from YES or Kansas recently. Their musical integrity is to high to compromise, just to get new music out there-as much as I'd love to hear something new from both of them-the songwriting just isn't there!Thank God Steve and Fred's songwriting is as fresh and creative as ever, and their constantly adding great new musicians and singers to the fold. This is why this is the best PROG band of the last decade, decade and a half, whatever. Can't wait for the new one. do you guys think it will be released befor the show? PROG ON,Dudes and Dudettes.
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:42 am

Since the GH forum is now under attack on PE, here's something to post in response as a quote from me (if you like).

The Glass Hammer forum is made up of Christians (Protestant & Catholic), Pagans, Atheists, liberals, conservatives, Europeans, South Americans, musicians, poets, writers, scholars. The age varies from 13 to probably 50 or so. It’s been a successful forum and has operated without complaint for some years now.
We discuss books, movies, albums, musical gear, criticism of the band (both good and bad), etc. But we do not allow inflammatory discussion of religion or politics. No one will be attacked for their beliefs or their lack of beliefs on the Glass Hammer forum. No religious leader or political leader will be slammed on the site, be he the Pope or the Reverend Falwell.
The one occasion where that happened, the offending party was asked politely to cease (on more than one occasion). When the attacks continued, he was finally banned from the forum.
Please be clear on this, there is no fundamentalist bent to our site, nor do the atheists hold sway. Religion simply isn’t discussed on the GH forum.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:01 am

I posted it along with my comments.

Prog Music's Frank
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Prog Music's Frank » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:39 am

The problem with that guy wasn't his views, it was that he was obnoxious. He'll fit right in at PE.
[img]http://static.flickr.com/1/652239_be4b7aa3e3_m.jpg[/img]

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:18 pm

I didn't think he was that bad... Maybe not the most tactful in the world, but he hadn't yet caught on to the particulars of our forum's social conventions, that's all. *shrug*
[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

[url]http://www.ghfan.net[/url]

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:19 pm

You better be careful Sam, you know how us potential kool-aid drinkers can be! you'll find yourself ex-communicated before you know it.LOL

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:08 am

Sam Gamgee wrote:I didn't think he was that bad... Maybe not the most tactful in the world, but he hadn't yet caught on to the particulars of our forum's social conventions, that's all. *shrug*
Well the GH bashing was getting bad enough on PE that they threatened to ban him (Peter the High King) from their forum and shortly after that they killed the thread. Sound familiar?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:08 pm

Hey, I'd be mad at a band if I was banned from their forum too!
[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

[url]http://www.ghfan.net[/url]

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:55 pm

What kills me is that there is a great variety of music, and it seems to me that it should not be a site about bashing a band.

If you want to listen to good music, try this out. If you like it, you will continue to listen. I just think it is in poor taste to put anyone down. To be able to arrange and play music in such a way that touches so many people, is a gift. I could give tons of suggestions to lots of musicians out there about what I think they ought to do, but you do not see me out there doing anything better :wink: . So I respect them and keep my mouth shut and enjoy what I like.

You guys rock!

Elric
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Elric » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:42 pm

Anonymous wrote:What kills me is that there is a great variety of music, and it seems to me that it should not be a site about bashing a band.

If you want to listen to good music, try this out. If you like it, you will continue to listen. I just think it is in poor taste to put anyone down. To be able to arrange and play music in such a way that touches so many people, is a gift. I could give tons of suggestions to lots of musicians out there about what I think they ought to do, but you do not see me out there doing anything better :wink: . So I respect them and keep my mouth shut and enjoy what I like.

You guys rock!
Err I hate when I forget to sign in
Brent

Be kind to my mistakes, because I am not.....Kate Bush

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:08 am

Check out my posts after the show. Lets see how well the naysayers can tear down someone's heartfelt personal experiences.It won't bother me-I'm over it one way or another. If it all helps get one more fan to the next show it will be worth it!!!Peace,David.