Rehearsals begin!

GH's show from October 2006

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Rehearsals begin!

Post by MayorOfLongview » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:49 am

Do you want to hear about the rehearsal or the Saturday night poker game where Bethany (who claims not to be very good) cleaned us all out. Matt had never played at all; Julie, Fred and I play often. But no kidding, it was Texas Hold’em and Bethany cleaned up, all the while claiming that she never wins at poker.
Whatever! :oops:
Anyhoo, we played for several hours on Saturday and Sunday. We’ve already got around 1 hours material that sounds fairly tight, considering we haven’t played together in many months. The set list was revised a bit, and we’ve decided to play another track from the album we’re working on now. We’re dropping one of those songs from the set as well, so it all evens out.
Any questions?
Be gooderns! :P
Steve 8)
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Moog Taurus
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Moog Taurus » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:54 pm

If you decide to film the gig will you be shooting any behind the scenes material e.g. rehearsals etc :?:

Dave

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:33 pm

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I dont think it would be wise to film this... i mean, maybe a camera or two, but fans and reveiwers alike would get almost... bored? with too much live material.

Bethany always seemed the sneaky type to me =p I bet she cleans up as a pool shark too :twisted:
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

Prog Music's Frank
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Prog Music's Frank » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:00 pm

Just because one films something does not mean one releases it right away.

8)

We've already decided that putting it out right on the heels of Belmont is overkill, but there will be enough new about the show that not having a record of it would be awful. Maybe we'll do it as some kind of official bootleg down the road.
[img]http://static.flickr.com/1/652239_be4b7aa3e3_m.jpg[/img]

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:53 am

What about at least an audio recording! Also, I think the Tivoli would be highly interested in some publicity with a DVD or CD live reocding. And will there be any local advertising? Newspaper, local news,etc.? Don't forget to let the Chattanoog nerds know if you need help! And are we still getting SSOTS or Alaska or both?
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:25 am

yeshead 777 wrote:What about at least an audio recording! Also, I think the Tivoli would be highly interested in some publicity with a DVD or CD live reocding. And will there be any local advertising? Newspaper, local news,etc.? Don't forget to let the Chattanoog nerds know if you need help! And are we still getting SSOTS or Alaska or both?
We ain't givin away no mo' secrets! Quit asking! :lol:
But yes, there'll be tons of publicity. 400 posters, dvds sent to churches, channel 9, fox, wgow, the local CCM station, etc. This is to benefit the pro-life AAA Women's Services. (Though this won't be advertised.)
As for filming / recording - we may film it, though if not we'll certainly record. This venue is really something to look at, and has much better sound than the Belmont room. The choir will not be made up of freshmen, but seniors. We'll want to record this event and even if we don't release it next year - maybe let it out in a few years.
Steve
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:49 am

Wait, so how many total new tracks?
[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

[url]http://www.ghfan.net[/url]

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:46 am

Sam Gamgee wrote:Wait, so how many total new tracks?
Still 2. One was dropped and replaced with another.

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:49 pm

MayorOfLongview wrote:
yeshead 777 wrote:What about at least an audio recording! Also, I think the Tivoli would be highly interested in some publicity with a DVD or CD live reocding. And will there be any local advertising? Newspaper, local news,etc.? Don't forget to let the Chattanoog nerds know if you need help! And are we still getting SSOTS or Alaska or both?
We ain't givin away no mo' secrets! Quit asking! :lol:
But yes, there'll be tons of publicity. 400 posters, dvds sent to churches, channel 9, fox, wgow, the local CCM station, etc. This is to benefit the pro-life AAA Women's Services. (Though this won't be advertised.)
As for filming / recording - we may film it, though if not we'll certainly record. This venue is really something to look at, and has much better sound than the Belmont room. The choir will not be made up of freshmen, but seniors. We'll want to record this event and even if we don't release it next year - maybe let it out in a few years.
Steve

You're funny Steve-you said "We ain't givin away no mo secrets, and you answered every one of my questions anyway! except for-don't forget us if you need any help!Peace,David.
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

Elric
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Elric » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:34 pm

It would be nice if some of the other radio stations around town could spread the word.

I would be happy to do what I could to help here. Yeshead and I already tell people about them at work.

Some of the restaurants downtown put up posters of current events, i.e. the City Cafe.

I am haulin 6 people with me.......where's the tickets!!!
Brent

Be kind to my mistakes, because I am not.....Kate Bush

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:54 pm

You two guys pm me your phone numbers and I'll pass them along to the promoter and let her know you'd like to help. We'll think of something for you. And thanks so much for your willingness to help us out!
Steve 8)

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:59 am

Of course, this week at rehearsal we'll be working that one song from that album we did. And a couple of songs from that other album we did. And at least one from that album we released before the other two. Two bad I can't tell you the names of the songs. :twisted:
Hey - we're Ted been lately? HEY TED! You out there anywhere?
8)

johnc
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by johnc » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:45 pm

He's sequestered himself high on a mountaintop trying to figure out the best way to tell the missus that he's "Coming To America" twice in a year. Good luck, Eddie old sod!
Quikrete - the biggest name in concrete since Jimmy Hoffa.

widowspeak
Amateur
Amateur

Post by widowspeak » Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:10 pm

Bnielsen wrote:Please don't take this the wrong way, but I dont think it would be wise to film this... i mean, maybe a camera or two, but fans and reveiwers alike would get almost... bored? with too much live material.

Bethany always seemed the sneaky type to me =p I bet she cleans up as a pool shark too :twisted:

I completely disagree, great prog DVD's are gems in my collection. Having a 3rd Hammer DVD would be great, nothing less. Waiting several years to release it does not serve any purpose. Why not release it 6-8 months after the concert. Plus, how about the audio CD from the concert. I would love to have that too.

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:26 pm

I completely disagree, great prog DVD's are gems in my collection. Having a 3rd Hammer DVD would be great, nothing less. Waiting several years to release it does not serve any purpose. Why not release it 6-8 months after the concert. Plus, how about the audio CD from the concert. I would love to have that too.[/quote]

I wholeheartedly agree! If you can do it and at least break even-or make it woth you're while-I think the majority of the fans want it, and will want it asap. At least the audio!!!!!