Rehearsals begin!

GH's show from October 2006

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:37 pm

A lot of us will have no chance to see this concert, so I certainly hope to see a DVD someday. Flooding the market with good products is not at all a problem for me. Dream Theater is about to release their 3rd DVD in 5+ years, "Score" from their epic Radio City Music Hall performance last spring. I was one of the lucky ones to attend, but countless fans missed out and at least will finally have a chance to see what is a historic event for the band.
Marillion sells tons of different DVD titles on their website. I don't see releasing this, possibly after the next album as much a problem at all. I can't imagine a serious GH fan not wanting to own this.

yyzmoose
Professional
Professional

Post by yyzmoose » Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:38 pm

Who was that impostor? Here is MY post.

A lot of us will have no chance to see this concert, so I certainly hope to see a DVD someday. Flooding the market with good products is not at all a problem for me. Dream Theater is about to release their 3rd DVD in 5+ years, "Score" from their epic Radio City Music Hall performance last spring. I was one of the lucky ones to attend, but countless fans missed out and at least will finally have a chance to see what is a historic event for the band.
Marillion sells tons of different DVD titles on their website. I don't see releasing this, possibly after the next album as much a problem at all. I can't imagine a serious GH fan not wanting to own this.
And now for something completly different...

Bozo
Professional
Professional

Post by Bozo » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:10 am

A Live Cd would do allso!
The world is smaller than you think!

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:36 am

I guess it all depends on how they sell-that's the bottom line! and Glass Hammer which is a very pleasing visual band with the full line-up and choir,etc.-something you just don't get on audio CD. ESP. is you are a big fan and never get to see them live-so I think it's a no-brainer for the die-hard fans, and it will be a no-brainer for the local Chattanooga fans, and a great marketing tool for the Tivoli!!!! I don't know of any other shows filmed there! It is a beautiful theater and this aspect needs to be taken advantage of in the DVD and the extras!!!! I think if you take a serious poll after it's done and people respond honestly it would be worth producing audio and DVD versions!!!! I sure hope so!
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

yyzmoose
Professional
Professional

Post by yyzmoose » Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:05 pm

I was off slightly on the number of Dream Theater DVD's, as they also released 2 titles from their "Official Bootleg" series. One was the 15th anniversary of "When Dream And Day Unite" concert, which i own, and recently they released the band playing "Dark Side of the Moon" live. They keep releasing DVD's because they sell very well.

Now with Glass Hammer, concerts are rare, and are really an "Event", not just a concert. I was excited reading about this upcoming concert, a show I really have a zero percent chance of going to. For some reason, I just assumed it would be filmed, recorded, and released. Count me as one of the first to buy it if it is eventually released. I'm building up a nice concert DVD library and would love to add this.
And now for something completly different...

Prog Music's Frank
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Prog Music's Frank » Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:11 pm

I think there is a very very good chance this show will be taped, somehow, and released, somehow. The first thing is to get it recorded. Then we'll see what we have. But I don't think we can let this not get videoed in some form or other.
[img]http://static.flickr.com/1/652239_be4b7aa3e3_m.jpg[/img]

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:10 pm

What about audio? and is it worth doing even an unofficial bootleg to make available to on the website and forum!
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:23 pm

A little new info- it is now official that we are video taping both shows as well as multitracking. We won't have quite as many camera angles as last time but there will be enough, plus the people involved should have a little better idea what's going on. The lighting is going to be cooler this time and the end result should be quite good.

So wear the shirts guys *lol* And everyone who can't make it, fear not- there will be a record of it!
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:06 am

FredProgGH wrote:A little new info- it is now official that we are video taping both shows as well as multitracking. We won't have quite as many camera angles as last time but there will be enough, plus the people involved should have a little better idea what's going on. The lighting is going to be cooler this time and the end result should be quite good.

So wear the shirts guys *lol* And everyone who can't make it, fear not- there will be a record of it!
That is SOOOO great to hear!!! Doe the multitracking mean an audio release for sure? You won't need as many angles, just try to get a shot or two of the majestic theater inside-it really is beautiful. can't wait!!!!!!!Elric and I will wear our shirts ALL DAY TUESDAY!

Bozo
Professional
Professional

Post by Bozo » Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:49 pm

I´m sure this record will be a hit. I can´t wait to get it. This saves a bad day.
The world is smaller than you think!

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:58 pm

Same, since I won't be attending. :roll:
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03