GH's show from October 2006

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Local Press

Post by MayorOfLongview » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:05 pm

http://www.clevelandbanner.com/NF/omf/d ... story.html?[rkey=0061928+[cr=gdn

Some misquotes and some misinformation - but mostly good. Tomorrow Fred and I will meet with the owner of The Enigma for an interview that will be published in a couple of weeks. The Pulse is doing something shortly thereafter.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:30 pm

Finally it starts-and it loked pretty good to me! the misquotes,etc. must have been minor. will there be a Chattanooga Free Press article-and if when let us know how bout the front page of the Friday entertainment section the week before? Stranger things have happened!!!
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:26 pm

yeshead 777 wrote:Finally it starts-and it loked pretty good to me! the misquotes,etc. must have been minor. will there be a Chattanooga Free Press article-and if when let us know how bout the front page of the Friday entertainment section the week before? Stranger things have happened!!!
I just got off the phone with the freepress. We're doing an interview with them next week :)
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:23 pm

Cool-I will seriously pray that it is accurate, prominately placed, long,etc. BTW-the update on the web page looks great-its finally coming together-do the jitters start now, or have they been there? Anyway, with two shows, that means the second one will be extra PERFECT!!!! Can't wait!!!!

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:25 pm

Keep forgettin' to log in at work. Elric and I are eager to get the promotional materials to start hanging posters,etc.!!!!
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:40 pm

There was some incredable local promotion tonight. Julie, Bethany, Peter (Bethany's boyfriend) and I were VIP guests at an AAA Women's Services banquet full of prominent types tonight. (Senators, Congressmen, etc.) Our table of 7 was hosted and paid for by Congressman Zach Wamp. Julie sat next to his wife and there was much talk of GH all through the evening. After the key-note speaker they talked up the Tivoli show (all proceeds go to AAA - a GREAT cause!) and played a DVD of some of the Live At Belmont hi-lights. From that point on we were treated like rock-stars. That put GH in front of around 1,000 people tonight. The response was tremendous.

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:02 pm

MayorOfLongview wrote:There was some incredable local promotion tonight. Julie, Bethany, Peter (Bethany's boyfriend) and I were VIP guests at an AAA Women's Services banquet full of prominent types tonight. (Senators, Congressmen, etc.) Our table of 7 was hosted and paid for by Congressman Zach Wamp. Julie sat next to his wife and there was much talk of GH all through the evening. After the key-note speaker they talked up the Tivoli show (all proceeds go to AAA - a GREAT cause!) and played a DVD of some of the Live At Belmont hi-lights. From that point on we were treated like rock-stars. That put GH in front of around 1,000 people tonight. The response was tremendous.
That is GREAT news. i know of a few at my church that were involved in the local AAA walk for life earlier this year. Bob Corker was there and a major supporter of that-maybe they can get him on board too. And what about the Chattanooga mayor-He was actually present and acknowledged at a CCM concert in Chattanooga earlier this year. The possibilities are endless?

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:20 pm

MayorOfLongview wrote:There was some incredable local promotion tonight. Julie, Bethany, Peter (Bethany's boyfriend) and I were VIP guests at an AAA Women's Services banquet full of prominent types tonight. (Senators, Congressmen, etc.) Our table of 7 was hosted and paid for by Congressman Zach Wamp. Julie sat next to his wife and there was much talk of GH all through the evening. After the key-note speaker they talked up the Tivoli show (all proceeds go to AAA - a GREAT cause!) and played a DVD of some of the Live At Belmont hi-lights. From that point on we were treated like rock-stars. That put GH in front of around 1,000 people tonight. The response was tremendous.
Seriously?!?!

THATS TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!! :D
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

johnc
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by johnc » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:04 pm

Incredible, indeed. That's a great read.
Quikrete - the biggest name in concrete since Jimmy Hoffa.

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:54 pm

Yay! That's so awesome!!
[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

[url]http://www.ghfan.net[/url]

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

The Pulse

Post by yeshead 777 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:36 pm

They had to go and open that can of worms again, so guess what-I took an opportune time and responded. C'mon Elric, Robjob, and others-help me out!This is a perfect opportunity to plug the show-cause they're not going to-positively anyway!
http://www.chattanoogapulse.com/vnews/d ... _archive=1

Elric
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Elric » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:05 pm

Well I made mention of the concert and Chattanooga finally gets to see at the Tivoli one of their own, but my post got kicked out by the moderator :? I was totally positive, but I guess they do not care for someone giving a little push out there. Oh well, I will refrain from saying anything until I see more press out there and hope that there will be something very promising.
Brent

Be kind to my mistakes, because I am not.....Kate Bush

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:00 pm

Mine got kicked out too-so we see what you're talking about Steve.

Prog Music's Frank
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Prog Music's Frank » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:20 am

As a Cardinal of Glass Hammer We declare The Pulse to be heretical. Followers of GH will shun them or face excommunication. We find The Enigma to be gooderns and bestow the impremature thereof. :D
[img]http://static.flickr.com/1/652239_be4b7aa3e3_m.jpg[/img]

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:54 am

The Pulse has a press-kit and has promised Ed an article on the show. I wouldn't say their response was overly enthusiastic - cuz they just don't get it. But lets at least wait and see if they follow-through or not.
And keep in mind - in all probability they'll sign on as guests and read our forum to see what's been said about The Pulse. This forum has an easy search function.
So, we've given them a great opportunity to support a local act on the rise - give it a couple of weeks.

But yes to Fred - the Enigma has always been good to us. ALWAYS. And we've never bought an ad - they just treat us right.