Donations/Help

GH's show from October 2006

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Donations/Help

Post by yeshead 777 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:27 pm

If any local fans would like to help the show with any donations of money,time, etc., or know of someone or some business we can approach, Please contact Elric or myself. We are coordinating all of the volunteers for the day of show and rehearsal. I know we are are in need for food donations for feeding the choirs/crew day of show between shows. I don't think Steve will mind me sharing this. GH fans are the best! Also, if anyone can't make the show because of distance,prior commitments,etc.-purchase a ticket, and donate it to someone locally. We will make sure we find it a home! We need to sell tickets, and expose them to the world's leading Symphonic PROG band, but not only that! this is for a great cause, and will be a once in a lifetime show!!! C'mon GH fans, we need you're help!!!!PM me or Elric, or email me @ dpmomberg@juno.com. Peace,David.
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Details on AAA women's services

Post by yeshead 777 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:19 pm

All of the proceeds are going to benefit a local women's pregnacy/crisis counseling center called AAA women's services. Without getting into politics or relgion-as a HUMAN BEING-visiting the memorial they have in back of the building(which has been featured on national TV several times)-affected me like nothing else has in recent memories. It is a memorial with a wall of plaques representing aborted children.(with their names),they're are flowers,cards,letters,etc.left by grieving mothers,family,etc. It is open 24hrs. and very private and discreet so those can visit unnoticed. Lets just say the three of us that day(all men)did not have a dry eye. This is a wonderful and vital cause, and kudos should go to Steve for donating the bands efforts to them. We need to FILL THE SEATS and support this great cause. I and the GH members believe this with all our heart!Peace,David.
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:55 pm

David, Email me and I will donate gladly, since I can't make it.

Additionally, I will personally give $25.00 to ANYONE that asks for it if they need a little help in going, since I can't make it.

Again, just email me using the link in my sig.
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:26 am

Bnielsen wrote:David, Email me and I will donate gladly, since I can't make it.

Additionally, I will personally give $25.00 to ANYONE that asks for it if they need a little help in going, since I can't make it.

Again, just email me using the link in my sig.
Specifiy that its for the GH concert.
BTW the person from AAA who was put in charge of finding underwriting for the show quit without notice a few weeks back. No one knows what she did or who she contacted - if anyone. So several months went by where all concerned thought that donations were being collected. The show was nearly cancelled when they found out that nothing had been done. But they are bravely moving ahead with nearly ZERO support from our home town. Welcome to Chattanooga.
AAA is a great organization to support. Thanks for helping.
Steve
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Elric
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Elric » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:01 pm

Sad thing is, that a lot of people from this area are starving for music, and a lot of people do not know where the talent is. IMHO, radio and the paper really does not do a lot for anybody here. Riverbend is the only thing that Chattanooga actively churns the water for.

I continue to tell people about your music, and I hope that there were will be lots more coming to the show.

BTW I will follow Bniel's lead here and help out someone on the board that lives around here and feels that they cannot afford a ticket, PM me. I would love to see a lot of fans at the show.
Brent

Be kind to my mistakes, because I am not.....Kate Bush

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:52 am

GRASS ROOTS!!!! Tell everyone you know-at church, work ,neighbors. Offer to buy someone a ticket. I told alot of guys at a spiritual retreat I was at last weekend-I know of at least one that is coming! Get your missions board at your church to authorize some money for the show-the proceeds are going to a LOCAL MISSION!!! If you attend a church, tell everyone on the worship teams, put it in your church newsletter/bullentins,etc.-THE End IS LISTLESS!!!

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:50 pm

It's not too late for donations or help of any kind! we need to put people in the seats, but AAA is a great cause that needs to benefit also. If you know anyone in this area, or close enough, buy them a ticket and have it waiting at will call. I or others here might have one or two left at the last minute also.Lets give our favorite band the support they need!!!!This is an awesome event, an awesome venue, and an awesome town-We need more to realize it!!!!!

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:01 pm

MayorOfLongview wrote:
Specifiy that its for the GH concert.
BTW the person from AAA who was put in charge of finding underwriting for the show quit without notice a few weeks back. No one knows what she did or who she contacted - if anyone. So several months went by where all concerned thought that donations were being collected. The show was nearly cancelled when they found out that nothing had been done. But they are bravely moving ahead with nearly ZERO support from our home town. Welcome to Chattanooga.
AAA is a great organization to support. Thanks for helping.
Steve
Sad to say something like that happened with a great organization in a great town. I know it's easy to put down your hometown (esp. when you're born and raised there).I guess that's the way I feel about Memphis in a lot of ways-I moved my family here(9yrs.ago) after living there all my life(35yrs.),with a wife,two kids, and one on the way,-it was a tough decision, but one I NEVER regret(maybe just the timing). We came here because it was such a beautiful area,close to so much, and so family oriented. I know there's alot of issues here with support for good music. But just the fact that it's offered-and we've seen some GREAT acts here in the last year-CGT 3 times,Adrian Belew,Al DiMeola,Robert Fripp,Eric Johnson,etc.-who'd thunk it. And now Chattanooga's BEST KEPT SECRET-GH!!!!FINALLY!!!We're letting that secret out best we can-it just getting the fire and passion that burns in us for this band to spread to others.And the best way I know of to do that is by word of mouth-TELL EVERYBODY!!!!!, and then PRAY!We owe it to the band who has worked so hard, AAA-a tremendous cause, and all those behind the scenes that are working on and praying for this event. CMON Chattanooga-prove the naysayers wrong-show em what I saw in this town 9 years ago-and continue to see! Peace,David.