Couple of quick questions

GH's show from October 2006

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

Joe-×
Amateur
Amateur

Couple of quick questions

Post by Joe-× » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:18 pm

Is the show general admission? My ticket says section "GA" row "GA" seat 662. I'm guessing the GA means general admission. I'm hoping anyway because if row GA is 208 rows back, I'm going to have to bring a telescope. Not that that would be considered unusual at a prog rock concert, but I'd hate to hit a senator in the head with it.

Are there eateries open in downtown Chattanooga at that hour? Many cities close up everything after the working stiffs eat lunch. I'd hate to have to crash the band's buffet, of course, being a nerdly looking older guy maybe everybody will think I'm in the band anyway. I should have let my hair grow out some.

Does Chattanooga have a rough rush hour traffic wise? How about Knoxville? What should I guestimate for traffic delays?

Thanks.

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:19 pm

You got me on the seating thing. I would not expect it to be general admission, but I don't know. There is definitely food downtown until after the show should be over. Everything from a TGI Fridays to some good independent eateries like Big River Grill (a microbrewery) and a place Taco Mac which has all the standard stuff. Rush hour tends to start early, like 4:00, and be over a little after 5:30 but I don't think it's really that bad downtown- it's the Interstate leading away that gets slammed.
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

johnc
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by johnc » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:55 pm

Another quick question, and this might seem self-evident but it's not to me. I'm planning to attend the 7pm show; is this 7pm Eastern or Central? (I think the time zone line runs thru TN very close to 'nooga, and am curious.)
Quikrete - the biggest name in concrete since Jimmy Hoffa.

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:01 pm

Eastern. The central time zone doesn't start until up towards Nashville.
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:05 am

It is definetely General admission. Big River Grill is a pretty good place, Tortilla Factory is a good place too. but neither are walking distance. Lupii's pizza is good too and possibly walking distance from the venue.
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

johnc
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by johnc » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:43 pm

FredProgGH wrote:Eastern. The central time zone doesn't start until up towards Nashville.
Thanks. I needed that info to make an informed schedule request.
Quikrete - the biggest name in concrete since Jimmy Hoffa.

Elric
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Elric » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:29 pm

Anything you could possibly want in the way of food is Downtown. The Martin Luther King exit will drop you near a Days Inn with a restaurant called the City Cafe that is open 24/7 that has everything you could possibly want and is reasonably priced.

Traffic around rush hour is nothing like Cincinati or Atlanta, but there are a few crazies out there that like to position for a space like they're running a Bristol Nascar Race. Traffic does not last long though there are many exits out of Chattanooga.
Brent

Be kind to my mistakes, because I am not.....Kate Bush