Page 1 of 2

Got it!

Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:37 pm
by Sam Gamgee
Got my CD! Giving it a listen now...

Re: Got it!

Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:43 am
by Sam Gamgee
Preliminary conclusion: less iffy than the last album. But still with significant IF. Hm.

Re: Got it!

Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:01 am
by Japes
Sam Gamgee wrote:Preliminary conclusion: less iffy than the last album. But still with significant IF. Hm.
Agreed. Listening to Dear Daddy. My favorite so far, but that may/probably will change.

Re: Got it!

Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:32 am
by theHermit
Just picked this up from iTunes this morning and am looking forward to giving it a couple of spins on a drive down to northern Virginia today. Cheers guys.

Re: Got it!

Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:19 am
by MayorOfLongview
Enjoy the tunes! I'm anxious to hear your thoughts....keep 'em coming :)
Steve

Re: Got it!

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:05 am
by Bozo
It needs two or tree spinns but then it becomes one of the best from GH....
By the way you sound more like Yes than Yes themself this days....
(Sorry for bad english)

Re: Got it!

Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:23 am
by Sam Gamgee
Despite its title Cor Cordium, it seemed to have the least amount of heart of any GH album. I feel the album is more properly represented by the cover art - as more cerebral. It's not bad music - I do think it's better than IF. But it doesn't really dazzle. So thinks humble cor meus, at least, although the cor populorum seems to think differently, judging from internet reviews.

Re: Got it!

Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:44 am
by Japes
Sam Gamgee wrote:Despite its title Cor Cordium, it seemed to have the least amount of heart of any GH album. I feel the album is more properly represented by the cover art - as more cerebral. It's not bad music - I do think it's better than IF. But it doesn't really dazzle. So thinks humble cor meus, at least, although the cor populorum seems to think differently, judging from internet reviews.
This is exactly how I feel, I just didn't have the guts to say so. Kudos to Sam for being honest!

Re: Got it!

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:30 pm
by shanocles
FINALLY!!! things take longer to get here (australia) of course.
LOVE IT GUYS!! got the album 3 days ago and have had four solid listens .... really love the last minute of track 6. totally symp prog there. will hopefully post a review soon .... been gone a while lately cos didn't have a computer here at home, hence no internet, hence no GH fix, but i'm better now :lol:

Re: Got it!

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:47 pm
by Bnielsen
whoa. hmm. ermm... wow! ... yippee!

(mixed emotions) More detailed and thoughtful analysis forthcoming

Re: Got it!

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:54 pm
by Physicist
Have had a chance to listen 4-5 times, not enough for a Glass Hammer album, but enough for my first impressions. For me, Nothing Box, One Heart, To Someone, and She, a Lonely Tower, are absolutely brilliant--as good as any Glass Hammer work. Salvation Station and Dear Daddy have very thoughtful lyrics, but that is not what floats my boat. All in all, another triumph. When I have worn out the CD, I'll be there in line for the next one.

But my thoughts are just that. I am waiting for the definitive review from Shanocles, which will be the final word unless the great Sam Karnick writes a review.

Re: Got it!

Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:55 pm
by shanocles
Physicist wrote:... I am waiting for the definitive review from Shanocles, which will be the final word unless the great Sam Karnick writes a review.
ha. dude you may be waiting a while ... maybe a christmas break thing. how is everyone on this forum doing anyways??? i'm not on face book so i wouldn't have a clue what's going on there.

Re: Got it!

Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:13 pm
by Physicist
Good things are worth waiting for. No problem for me.

Re: Got it!

Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:24 pm
by Physicist
The Dutch Progressive Rock Page has just posted a major Cor Cordium review. It is a five person roundtable, which shows the importance of the release from their perspective. It is very positive:

http://www.dprp.net/reviews/201154.php

Re: Got it!

Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:28 pm
by shanocles
Physicist wrote:The Dutch Progressive Rock Page has just posted a major Cor Cordium review. It is a five person roundtable, which shows the importance of the release from their perspective. It is very positive:

http://www.dprp.net/reviews/201154.php
wow a five person review. you're right, they know good prog when they hear it! yeah good releases usually only get 3 person reviews hey ...... yay! go glasshammer.

isn't GH just the coolest band!

i'll have to read it later maybe dinner break or something. thanks for the head's up, i usually only look at DPRP once a month or something.

hope all is well with everyone here!